HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Old World Flower Pots


The holidays have been crazy busy this year and I have many projects I want to share but they don't seem to be getting done.  Last week I worked on two different new flower pots using my reverse decoupage method.  I like the coloration of these, but I wish I would have trimmed around the pattern a tiny bit better.  Other than that, I love the way they turned out because I love this antique map graphic.   I don't remember where I got it, but I included it at the end of this post.
I used an aqua craft paint on regular terra cotta pots and then went over them with gesso and a washy coat of terra cotta craft paint.  Then I applied the image and did a reverse decoupage.  This project has a nice old world feel.  Tomorrow I'll show you two more I did using Annie Sloan's graphite.  Thanks for stopping by.



I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


9 comments:

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

I love these Old World Flower Pots! They have such an antique flair to them. Just Beautiful!

Jody

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

These are super pretty--love the vintage look of them!

Inmaculada said...

Te ha quedado un precioso macetero.
besos.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

These are really so pretty!!

Hugs,
Deb

Ivy and Elephants said...

These are so pretty and have that,
... well, old world charm! So cute with topiaries. Great idea, and I must try that pumpkin stuff as well, looks yummy.
Happy holidays,
Patti

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They are just lovely, Maggie! I have a list of things I want to try once the holidays are over and doing a few terracotta pots is on the list.

NanaDiana said...

They are just wonderful, Maggie! You did a great job on them. xo Diana

Cottage and Broome said...

Your little pots came out great!!! Have a wonderful holiday, Laura

Okio B Designs said...

Beautifully done! They look like beautiful antique pots!

Jeanine