HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Step Stool by the Yard

I've seen lots of yard stick projects on Pinterest, and I always think they are so cute.  So when my daughter sent me a picture of one that she liked, I decided we needed to make one for my grandson for Christmas.  I found a small step stool at the warehouse where I sell.  It was just a plain green color, but it was the perfect size.
Being the collector that I am, of course I had a pile of old yard sticks that I had been saving for just such an occasion.  Our grandson is 18 months old and he likes to be taller so he can see what's going on in the kitchen.
I painted this little cutie red and picked out my brightest vintage rulers.  Then my husband did all the brain work, measuring and cutting.
This was the perfect size for Carter.  He used it to get up to the Christmas ornaments on the tree so he could see them up close and personal (made it easier for him to undress the tree) and he also could carry it all over whenever he wanted to get something that he couldn't reach.
T
Here's the proof.  He got into Nana's See's truffles.  I don't share these with anyone, but Carter is kinda special.
He really thought he had hit the mother load that day.

Thanks for stopping by.


I may be partying at...

Mondays           Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday

Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style   Ivy and Elephants
                         My Salvaged Treasures
                                           

Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors



8 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Maggie, I wish I had a stash of rulers...I never find any. The step stool is adorable, but not as adorable as the little one setting on it!

Carol

Ivy and Elephants said...

Carter is sooo adorable! As is that cute little step stool. How creative!
Hugs,
Patti

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

I wish I had a stash of rulers! It,s the darndest thing...I use to buy them at sales but I would never made it home with them...so I gave up. This is a super cute idea, I love all the bright colors you chose. And isn't it wonderful all the things Carter can now help you with...lol, like eating your candy. How sweet is that?

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a cutie he is, I'd share my box of chocolates too. What a great way to use all the colorful yardsticks. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

So, so cute and colorful! Thanks for linking up!

Bliss said...

I'm with you on sharing the See's, but who can resist little cuties like that? Him and the stool both.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your little Carter is adorable!! And the bench is going to be a family heirloom, Maggie. Such a fun piece you've created!

Alicia said...

Maggie haces unos trabajos maravillosos y llenos de buen gusto.
Saludos